Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My first attempt at sponging the background



Hi everyone! It has been a while since I have posted. Mainly because I have had a lot of family obligations going on. Cannot leave out my work duties either. At any rate, I have had to step down from 2 of my Design Teams, My Time Made Easy and Paper Makeup Stamps. This was a very hard decision to make and I hated stepping down from 2 of the best DT's ever! It was an honor that I was picked in the first place. The team was wonderful to me, but in the end it was a must do. I simply did not have the time to make my schedules. Thank you to MTME and to PMS for all that you have done for me. I will continue to use your images/papers/templates, because I love them all!!


This card is a first when it comes to my making a background using sponges and Momento Inks. I was very pleased with the outcome, especially since it was my first try at it.



The first thing I did was sponge the background on White Shimmer Cardstock from Paper and More using Memento Angel Pink, Tangelo, Summer Sky, Cantalope, and Danube Blue inks using a circular motion. I overlapped some of the inks to give a more realistic feel to the background. I then stamped Artful Inkables "A Friendly Light" image of the lighthouse on the card and colored with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.



The sentiment came from Heartfelt Creations
Hope In The Lord PreCut Set (HCPC3311). What a wonderful verse! I cut out the sentiment using Nestabilities Labels. I added a blue bow and silver string with a key charm on the end. Then put a rhinestone on the top of the lighthouse to make it look like the light is always on. The background cardstock came from SU's Bashful Blue and some black cardstock in my stash.


I hope you like my first rendition of sponging a background. Take care, thanks for your comments and have a great week!

20 comments:

Karel Hamilton said...

Wow Velta, for your first time sponging it looks like you've been doing it forever. What a beautiful card. My Mom used to collect lighthouses, so this card reminds me of her. Great background colors and I love the light on the lighthouse always being on. Great verse too. Take care :)

Carole Beath said...

Hi Velta...thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your card with the sponging. It is delicate and yet, packs a wonderful design result.
Carole

Beate said...

Velta, I can't believe that's your first time sponging! Your background looks lovely!
Hugs and smiles

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful scene you have created Velta!! Love your sponged background!! You look like a pro! Great choice of verse too!!
hugs,
Chris

Cindy Haffner said...

So PRETTY!~

F.T said...

However the title is not clear. But this is so adorable piece of work, the colors are so cool and the concept is interesting,
Membership card printing
clear business cards

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Velta! I love the way you colored the image!

Rose Ann said...

This is soooo beautiful, Velta...and your sponged background looks amazing!!

"Um Buggin" said...

Hi Velta...Love your card, and no one would have known that it was your first time sponging. I love creating soft and delicate cards using that effect. You really did an awesome job on this one, sorry to hear you left 2 of your D/T's. I do understand, there is just not enough time. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend.

Hugz,xx

The Rubber Maid said...

Your sponging is wonderful...you did a fantastic job and the card is awesome. Pat

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, your FIRST attempt...really? It turned out wonderfully. This is a fantastic card, and I love this seaside image. Very well done. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Rosemary said...

hi velta!! sorry that i have not been around either, no excuse for me!! your card is gorgeous! i'm sorry that you had to step down from the design teams... must have been a hard decision. wishing you a wonderful and blessed thanksgiving!!! hugs!

Carol L said...

Your first attempt at sponging turned out so pretty! I just love how this image looks with those soft colors! You nailed it with your first try, WTG!!
I hope you're enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful scene you created! Love the sponged BG! Hope you are feeling better!

Rose Ann said...

I just wanted to come back to tell you that I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful, and that you're feeling better. Sending love and big hugs to you, Velta! ♥

Leslie Miller said...

Great job, Velta! I love the way you made the light play across the sand, too. I can certainly understand your decision to step down from your teams. I always felt like I was neglecting too many other things that were important to me -- mostly my family, human and furry. I tried to do it all but it wore me out. Life is too short. Enjoy!

Sandra Evertson said...

So beautiful!

Sandra Evertson

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous Velta!! the coloring and scene is Amazing!!..Holiday Hugs, Ila

Mario said...

I read your article while I was at work, so I had to come back to it when I got home. I reread it I learned more the second time.

kizi 2
Free Online Games

friv yepi
juegos friv

minecraft said...

Posts shared useful information and meaningful life, I'm glad to be reading this article and hope to soon learn the next article. thank you
g9g, a10, yepi, hopy, friv, kizi, huz 10, 4223 games