Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011














Hi everyone! I hope you guys are looking forward to this weekend...the 4th of July!!! Yippeee...I am off of work on Monday...more time to play !!


I WON this AWESOME Summer Card Camp !! There were 3 of us that won out of hundreds!! I was so excited I just jumped up and down! So many card ideas, videos, and color combinations all wrapped up in this fabulous Summer Card Camp!!! I was going to join, but received an email that I had won a free spot...Aren't I the lucky one? Yeah!!


Anyhoo, on to my card...I have never tried this technique before, but I thought it was time. I just recieved this new stamp set from Paper Trey Ink...for FREE...called "Botanical Silhouettes." It is a Special Edition 4th Anniversary set. I was so excited when I got this in the mail...and my goodness it can be used for every imaginable kind of card. I used Versamark Ink and stamped the stems and flowers. Then I used white embossing powder, which I heat embossed. I then took these inks: PTI Rasberry Fizz, Momento Bahama Blue, Lulu Lavender, and Tangelo and began using a sponge dauber in each corner just going in round circles. Okay, I have to admit, I did have to try this technique a few times before I felt like it really looked good...but I do think it turned out great. I did take some text white metallic paper from Paper and More and I scored with my Scor-Pal above and under the sentiment (although you cannot see it in the picture) it does show up on the card IRL...I then placed rhinestones all over the flowers, the bow (which is also Rasberry Fizz from PTI) and below the sentiment, which also came with the "Botanical Silhouettes." I used dimensionals to pop the image up...and whalha!!


I have more coming, as this class lasts all month long...I have so enjoyed this weeks videos (they are some of the best videos I have ever seen)!! The card ideas are fabulous and oh on the color combos...THANKS to Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner and Friends!!!


Have a Very Happy 4th of July to all ! Be Safe and Thank You for Stopping By!!

18 comments:

Rosemary said...

congrats on winning your spot in the stamp camp, velta!! your card is fantastic! thanks for your sweet comment... i hope you have a wonderful 4th of july, too, my friend!!

Carol L said...

Congrats on winning such a fabulous prize! Your card is just beautiful and I love the colors and pretty little bow!
Here's wishing you a fun-filled and safe holiday weekend, filled with lots of good stamping :)

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations. I can tell how excited you are. Your card turned out beautifully. Happy 4th of July. Have a fun holiday weekend.

Elena said...

Wow! Congratulations on your win, Velta! What a great surprise!
Love, love your card! This embossing technique is amazing!
Happy 4th of July to you!

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats Velta! This card is gorgeous! Love the bright color combo! So fresh and fun!

Debbie said...

Hi Velta ... thanks for the sweet comments on my blog regarding the MTME templates and files. I could not find an e/m addy for you on your blog, so I'm replying here. Yes, the Blossoming into spring is a cut file and I cut it with my Cricut using the SCAL software. There is a tutorial on the MTME blog to help you get started! It's really easy!! Please let Lauren know that I sent you over to her shop! Big hugs, Debbie (Simple Treasures)

Grace said...

Oh how beautiful Velta! You are on a roll winning stamp camp and getting these great stamps free!!! That's GREAT!!! Your resist technique came out great!!! Perfect for these images! Have a happy 4th of July sweet lady!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, this is very pretty, fresh, and kinda funky, too! Love the combo of ink colors you used. The white embossing looks great and keeps it looking clean and beautiful. Congrats on your win and the free stamp set! Enjoy your one more day of freedom, Velta. I'll be enjoying the extra day home, too.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats on win, Velta! I just love your colors and the bow. Have a wonderful 4th of July!!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

This is such a *happy* card!
Enjoy the stamp camp and Happy
4th :)

Jerri Jimenez said...

absolutely gorgeous Velta!

Donna said...

Congrats Velta! NICE WORK!

Janine said...

Very pretty Velta!! Fun camp time!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey sweet friend! Happy 4th of July week...hope you had a good one?
Congrats on winning the summer card camp...way to go! The technique on your card looks really cool and of course your card is just beautiful!

Enjoy your summer...hugs ~S~

The Rubber Maid said...

Love this card..awesome background which makes us think of summer. Keep having fun both stamping and with your sister. How lucky to have her close enough to go shopping together. Pat

Julia Aston said...

How fun that you won this class Velta! Love your pretty floral card!

Niki Estes said...

Congrats, Velta! I love your card with the color blocking. Enjoy the card camp! (You will love the Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, too!)

Rose Ann said...

Your embossed flowers are so pretty, and I love your colorful background!! I love all of your rhinestones too!!