Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Fairies

Hello All! Sorry it has been so long since my last post...I spent Friday and Saturday going to Fort Walton Beach, Florida with my sister, Ellen. It was my Uncle George and Aunt Barbara's 50th Golden Wedding Anniversary and their children gave them a surprise party that was to die for. There had to have been at least 100 people there and I am not exaggerating. My Uncle George and Aunt Barbara are the greatest! So many people just absolutely love them and it was such a treat to see their happiness. The food was abundant to say the least. They even had a wedding cake for Uncle George and Aunt Barbara to cut and feed each other. Plus a chocolate fountain and just about anything you would think of to eat...including a huge bowl of fresh shrimp. Oh my, I could go on and on...they had a huge tent set up in the backyard with tables and chairs...Uncle George's house is located right on the beach. It is a beautiful 3-story with a back porch that would make anyone envious. I was able to visit with relatives I haven't seen in 30 years...what fun my sister, and I had. When we arrived on Friday, we checked into our hotel room, which was just fabo...with a balcony looking over the beach and the waves just lapping and splashing...what a wonderful sound. We went babysit my Tyler and Elsa Grace so their parents could go out on a date nite...Those kids wore me out!!! Not to mention almost broke my nose...lol...they are just a bundle of energy! The next morning we went and got breakfast and ate on the balcony just enjoying the view. Then we went to the party. Oh...I cannot tell you how good it was to see all of my family there to give tribute to Uncle George and Aunt Barbara.

On to this card...This is an Enchanted Fairies Stamp from Artful Inkables I hate to say it, but I honestly cannot remember where I got this paper...or the embellies. I just remember coloring with my Copic Ciao Markers and SU markers. I also used rhinestones on the embellies. Oh well, so much for a description of this card...just loved this little fairy and I know I will be using all of these faires again and again.

I have one more to post this week and then I will be giving away some "BLOG CANDY!!!" So keep posted.

I hope you all had a great weekend...Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Debbie Y. said...

Such a calm cool serene card. You are getting so good at coloring with your Copic Markers. I love the 3-D effect with the butterflies.

Glad you had such a good time, can't wait to hear the story about how the babies almost broke your nose.

Glad your Aunt and Uncle had such a wonderful party to honor them on their special day.

Angie Tieman said...

What a lovely fairy card! She's so pretty and the background is really nice too. Your aunt and uncle's party sounds soooo nice, what a great way to celebrate such a milestone!

Michelle said...

This card is precious, Velta. I love those little AI fairies. They're so sweet!

Thank you for your kindness. My father in law died yesterday morning. We're kind of stunned and I'm still not absorbing it. But we'll get through.

Ila said...

Beautiful card Velta! the colors are so soft and pretty!!
I sure sounds like you had a great time. It is So wonderful to hear of someone celebrating their 50th Anniversary. TFS!!

Rosella said...

Velta, sounds like you had a great time! What great memories to cherish. And your card is so adorable. Those fairies are so sweet!
Thank you so much for you sweet comment!
God bless you!

Linda McClain said...

Congratulations to your Uncle and Aunt. Your card is lovely, such gentle colors.

Lorraine said...

Velta, love your little fairie! It sounds like you had a fantastic time at your aunt and uncle's party. I too love the sound of running water! I just find it so peaceful and tranquil. my mother used to say that when your were feeling a little down that you should get yourself near the water! I want a waterfall in my backyard. my dh tells me, " next house" lol it's so good to be visiting and seeing all the wonderful things that you have been creating. love them all!

Artemisa said...

Hello Velta!!

I like your card a lot!! the fair and butterflies are precious!!

Thank you very much for your affectionate words.
I'm happy because you like it.
Congratulation for having a grandson, the children are a happiness!!

It's very nice that a mother is well with his daughter...
Thank you very much for your visit!!

Best wishes!

Laurie Unger said...

Darling! Great colors, very soft! The butterflies are awesome popped up!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Velta!! I love all of the dimension and sparkle!!

Anonymous said...

Velta, I was transported by your story. I had to sit and think about it for a while. Now I feel like going on a trip! How wonderful! An adorable little fairy card, too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, so soft and pretty.

Marilyn said...

So glad that you had such a good time at your aunt and uncle's party!! Your card is amazing as usual!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet card.

UrgentCookie said...

Your fairy cards are too cute! Love the designs. :0)